Sitkans Against Family Violence (SAFV)
"Dei Awe" translated to English means "Enough!"
The Rural Outreach Program provides services and resources to Angoon, Kake, and Port Alexander. The Rural Outreach Coordinator goes to those communities 3 or 4 times a year. SAFV operates safe homes in Kake and Angoon. If you need safety in these villages please contact SAFV.
The Rural Outreach Program provides:
- Education and Information - Trainings on domestic violence and sexual assault, resource information, and educational materials available.
- Personal Safety - Presentations in the schools to assist children in recognizing potentially dangerous situations.
- Dating Violence and Sexual Assault - Presentations in the high school to help teens recognize signs of dating violence and know what to do if they or a friend experiences dating violence or sexual assault.
- Advocacy for victims
- Assistance with transportation to SAFV when seeking safety
- 24 hour access to SAFV - Through our confidential crisis line, 1-800-478-6511
If you have any questions or concerns please contact SAFV.
Gunal' Cheesch! And thank you for your kind attention.